- Counties that Qualify For Loans
- Application Deadlines
- Types of Disaster Loans
- Interest Rates
- Hurricane Ian Disaster Fact Sheet
- Application Assistance
The Small Business Administration (SBA) provides disaster assistance for homeowners, renters, nonprofits, and businesses of all sizes affected by Hurricane Ian.
Caution: The following list of qualifying counties is preliminary and can change as damage assessments are concluded.
Florida Areas Eligible for SBA Disaster Loans – In the Florida counties of: Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Hardee, Hillsborough, Lee, Manatee, Pinellas, and Sarasota.
For Economic Injury Only Loans: in the contiguous Florida counties of: Broward, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Pasco, and Polk.
Application Filing Deadlines:
- Physical damage: November 28, 2022
- Economic injury: June 29, 2023
Types of available disaster loans:
- Home Disaster Loans – Loans to homeowners or renters to repair or replace disaster-damaged real estate and personal property, including automobiles.
- Business Physical Disaster Loans – Loans to businesses to repair or replace disaster-damaged property owned by the business, including real estate, inventories, supplies, machinery and equipment. Businesses of any size are eligible. Private, non-profit organizations such as charities, churches, private universities, etc., are also eligible.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) – Working capital loans to help small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture, and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes meet their ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster. These loans are intended to assist through the disaster recovery period.
LOAN INTEREST RATES
Physical Damage Loans
|Home Owners||With Credit Available Elsewhere||4.375%|
|–||Without Credit Available Elsewhere||2.188%|
|Businesses||With Credit Available Elsewhere||6.080%|
|–||Without Credit Available Elsewhere||3.040%|
|Non-Profits||With Credit Available Elsewhere||1.875%|
|–||Without Credit Available Elsewhere||1.875%|
Economic Injury Loans
|Businesses & Small Agricultural Cooperatives||Without Credit Available Elsewhere||3.040%|
|Non-Profit Organizations||Without Credit Available Elsewhere||1.875%|
More detailed information can be found in the Hurricane Ian disaster fact sheet.
Get help with your applicationApplicants are encouraged to apply online for a disaster loan. Please call the SBA at 800‐659‐2955 if you have any loan questions.
For any disaster related tax issues please give this office.